» SAM INFO AKT BSK

Miyamoto's Tokyo Univ. Lecture

Svar
Born2PlayBorn2PlaySkrevet 09/07-03 01:06 
Yup! Se overskrift - læs artiklen.

Linky
Swine flu for me and you!Spiller nu: Batman: Arkham Asylum
3of193of19Skrevet 09/07-03 09:04 
Den er meget læseværdig. Miyamoto er fascinerende...

"I: So what are the basics if you want to get an "okay" from Mr. Miyamoto?
SM: Well, this is something that struck me at this year's E3... but I've been to Japanese game expos in the past. And it's been the same exact thing for 20 years, but for some reason the game industry always puts out the same stuff it's released before at events like these. It's totally normal for them to put out things that are the same as last time. American companies are definitely getting good at game creation, but to me it's the exact same as last year. I wouldn't let stuff like that pass. U.S. games from an era or two ago weren't so well put together, but they were interesting because there was so much variety in what they made.
To me, I respond to the sincerity of someone who says "I really want to make this!" In other words, I give the okay to things that have a chance of success. By that, I don't mean things I'm confident will sell in the marketplace; I'm talking about things that succeed over what's already out there. "Maybe nobody's noticed this before now, but if we could go this way, then everyone will be all over it!" Games that tackle ideas never stimulated before, games that try to make people say "This is neat..."; those are the things I think have a chance of success. Those are what I give my okay to."

Rart at høre at Miyamoto har den holdning.

"...All right; how about I show you some video? This was on display at E3, but everyone's eyes were focused squarely on realistic stuff, so we didn't get much of a response, but...
[Promotional movie starts here. First off, Zelda: The Four Swords GC]
SM: This will come out this year or early next year. The response at E3 was just okay; people were like "It's not real!" and "I want to shoot guns!" and so on. That's the way America's pointing right now, I guess."

Lidt sørgeligt...
King ChaosKing ChaosSkrevet 09/07-03 10:53 
3of19 >

SM: This will come out this year or early next year. The response at E3 was just okay; people were like "It's not real!" and "I want to shoot guns!" and so on. That's the way America's pointing right now, I guess."

Lidt sørgeligt...

Temmelig trist. Spillet er ret sjovt. Jeg prøvede det med tre andre og vi morede os storartet. Problemet ligger nok i at overbevise folk om at de skal investere i et multi-player GameCube spil med noget der ved første øjekast "bare" er GBA-grafik.
mostwantedmostwantedSkrevet 09/07-03 10:54 
Ja, den er utrolig læsevenlig! Jeg havde faktisk troet at Miyamoto var lidt mere en fanboy inderst inde, end han virkelig er, men når han siger at der ingen forskel er på PS2, Xbox og Gamecube, og ikke på nogen måde rakker ned på dem i hele foredraget - så er det da cool!

Men jeg må sige, at Four swords eller Pacman er heller ikke mine mest ventede titler :(
... men det kan godt være jeg lyver! :D
Login for at besvare
Profilnavn
Kodeord
Husk mig