X FOR HAN ARK VUR
» SAM INFO AKT BSK

Shenmue III

Svar
kimmerkimmerSkrevet 16/07-03 22:02 
Lidt fra Rpgamer.com

"This game was supposedly confirmed, then it was in uncertain status, now it is back on track. It was just a little over a month ago that Yu Suzuki himself spoke of his uncertainty as to whether or not a third Shenmue game would be produced. The series' creator said that the story was mostly finished, but no official plans existed to make the game. More recently, news confirming the game's impending production has come forward.

Developer Sega-AM2 has announced that it will be the company responsible for the development of Shenmue III, and also noted that the planning process is not quite 100% complete. Details regarding a targeted release date and the console on which the game will appear were not discussed.

Sega-AM2 did not specify how much or how little the decision was assisted by the number of letters the company received on the matter. More details are said to be coming in September.
"
"So what?" "You try to defeat me with one finger?" "No. I pushed the vital point Gakuchu" "you're already dead"
kimmerkimmerSkrevet 20/07-03 12:05 
fra The Magicbox

"Sega AM2 announced they have begin the development of Shenmue III: Special Edition, the platform is undecided. The game will include Shenmue I, II and III altogether as one package, to allow players to grasp the entire story of the series."
"So what?" "You try to defeat me with one finger?" "No. I pushed the vital point Gakuchu" "you're already dead"
SephirothSephirothSkrevet 20/07-03 12:22 
Muums! Come September!
Spiller nu: Catherine, Beyond Good & Evil HD
MobyMobySkrevet 20/07-03 12:31 
Kimmer >
fra The Magicbox

"Sega AM2 announced they have begin the development of Shenmue III: Special Edition, the platform is undecided. The game will include Shenmue I, II and III altogether as one package, to allow players to grasp the entire story of the series."

Now thats some crazy shit! Wow... en Special Edition af Shenmue - jeg er så lykkelig!
kimmerkimmerSkrevet 20/07-03 12:31 
Kan godt være det er mig der husker forkert, men havde Microsoft ikke købt sig en ekskusiv-aftale til og med Shenmue III?
MobyMobySkrevet 20/07-03 12:33 
WTF! Det må de ikke... Men okay, havde nu ikke regnet med SE til GameCube eller PS2.

After all, så bliver jeg vist nød til at købe mig en Xbox. Nu har jeg i hvert fald en grund til det :D
MarcKMarcKSkrevet 05/08-03 13:10 
Sørgelige nyheder fra Sega World Weekly:

Shenmue III NOT Confirmed!

Thanks to http://www.kikizo.com/ for this news item on Shenmue III: Over the last few days, Shenmue III talk has started again, after excitement peaked a few days ago. This time however, reports have stated that some kind of official announcement had been.

These claims stemmed from AM2's website, and specifically the 'Daily AM2' section that has proven popular with Japanese fans for many years. On July 18th, there was talk of Shenmue III, and even a discussion about the possibility of the first two games being included as part of the supposed Shenmue III "Special Edition" bundle.

When trying to verify the source, many reports have used familiar automated translation services - the results of which made the text seem quite official and as if it was an announcement of some kind.

Unconvinced, we had the page properly translated, which agreed with most of the 'automated' translation, but revealed one important thing that AltaVista did not: the ramblings were merely fan mail, suggesting some ideas for Shenmue III and complaining about the long wait! Thanks again to Kikizo for sorting this out.
Star SoldierStar SoldierSkrevet 02/10-03 13:13 
Lidt mere:

In the November issue of Edge magazine, Yu Suzuki is asked directly regarding Shenmue III. (Edge #129 pages 51-52)

"Which brings Edge onto Shenmue. It's no secret that Suzuki-san's opus was one of the most expensive videogames ever produced and despite the fact that it remains one of the most wonderful videogame experiences available it bombed at retail. Edge asks Suzuki-san a straight question: will Shenmue III ever be made? There's no firm answer. A hush descendes on the room as PR representatives shuffle in their seats. A rather embarrassed Suzuki-san shrugs his shoulders, looks down at the table and eventually says, "Not yet."

The reaction is understandable. Shenmue, and its magnificent sequel, represent the kind of epic, big budget risk that Sega cannot afford to take any more. That's not to say the game will never be made, but Suzuki-san's curt answer indicates that it won't be put into production any time soon. Edge wonders if Ryo will ever get to avenge his father's murder, or forever remain in his Guilin cave."
360 grader..., så er du tilbage hvor du startede.... suckers...
Login for at besvare
Profilnavn
Kodeord
Husk mig