X FOR HAN ARK VUR
» SAM INFO AKT BSK
Please note that Play:Right is a Danish site and while usable without,
it is only partially translated to English.
Blocks marked with yellow backgrounds are systematically translated
by Bing Translate.

Ikaruga + Metroid = Outland

3of193of19Skrevet 24/05-11 12:22, rettet 24/05-11 12:28 
Er der nogen andre der har spillet det?
Havde ikke hørt noget som helst om spillet inden jeg faldt over en reklame på Xbox Dashboardet.

Launch trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0fAssuGXHk

IGN video review
SumezSumezSkrevet 24/05-11 12:35, rettet 24/05-11 12:38 
Jeg købte det efter at have læst 1UP's anmeldelse, og har spillet det meste igennem, men kom vist til at lægge det fra mig da jeg blev optaget af andre spil, tak for at minde mig om det. :)

Jeg synes det er et ret godt spil på rigtig mange punkter, og rigtig flot lavet (omend stilen hurtigt bliver enformig - lidt mere variation havde været rart). Udviklerne har tænkt over rigtig mange små detaljer der gør at man aldrig føler sig "snydt" af spillet.
Mit største problem med Outland er at det ikke rigtig formår at udnytte potentialet i dets eget koncept.
Poster lige mine tanker omkring dette, som jeg har skrevet andetsteds - derfor på engelsk:

Andet indlæg>
I just regret that, as in any modern platformer, lives are infinite. Pass a checkpoint + die = full life refill.

I have the same problem with the game.

I understand arcade mode makes up for it, but I still think it really ruins the "main game" that there's no real punishment for failing.

A couple of examples:
Near the beginning of stage 3, there are a bunch of platforms you need to jump up through while rapidly changing color to both hit the platforms and avoid the shots - it's not extremely challenging, but in order to avoid ever being damaged, changing your color comes at the risk of falling through the platforms to the bottom, having to start over.
It's a fun challenge, but the problem is that the easiest way to make it to the top is just to stop halfway up and stand still until you've taken a hit, and then continue jumping up, completely missing the point of the puzzle.

Throughout the game you run into a few giant spiders. These are tough enemies that you can easily beat, but I don't think I ever killed one of them without taking at least one hit.
It's not that it's not possible to do so - in fact, I think I would enjoy the game much more if I were required to! But since it doesn't matter if I take a hit (you have a whole bunch of hearts at this point, healing powerups are plentiful, and checkpoints even more so), I don't really feel like I need to concentrate on the fight and just button mash through it. Extremely wasted potential, that seriously hurts story mode, which is also the only mode most people will ever play.

Of course, in both examples, playing in arcade mode would require you to perfect the challenge, which I think is easily possible even in the most challenging sections, due to the game's super tight controls and generally fair level design - but what I played of arcade mode so far wasn't really fun. I think the time based score imposes an "artificial challenge" that doesn't really fit with the gameplay. Too bad, because it really has potential.
Spis sundt og tro på dig selvSpiller nu: Gravity Circuit, Bonze Adventure
KeenKeenSkrevet 24/05-11 13:11 
okay det kunne godt være man skulle prøve det, havde ingen anelse om dets eksistens før nu, jeg takker :)
jaesjaesSkrevet 07/06-17 23:14, rettet 07/06-17 23:16 
Gratis på Steam til i morgen kl. 19.00:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/305050/Outland/

EDIT: Altså, det kan hentes til i morgen kl. 19.00 - ikke bare spilles en periode som det nogle gange er tilfældet for spil på Steam som led i promotion.
Login for at besvare
Username
Password
Remember me